Saturday, September 7, 2013

Tea and meditation

Tea of the week has been a return to the cupcake tea.  Although, there really hasn't been much tea drinking this week.  It seems the busier I am, the less tea I have time to brew.

This week I spent quite a bit of my free time at home rearranging my office to fit in a desk that a house down the street abandoned.  The entire experiment started with moving a bookcase across the room. Then trying to get the desk into the room, only to find it didn't fit.

Of course, with a little (er, lot) of re-arranging I managed to get everything to fit, and ended up getting a lot of the clutter off the floor.

Which leads me to the actual point to this whole entry.

In creating a giant mess,  I managed to clean up an area that has been a constant thought in the back of my mind.  In the sense that I walk in the room to get something, look around, grimace, and shut the door.  In the end, the larger mess encompassed the smaller mess, as of course, I had to clean up the entire thing.

And now, I have an office that is a space I can relax in.

Now, the challenge will be keeping the clutter of the desk.  Being a flat space and all.....

Everyone needs a space that is there own.  A room, or even a corner.  Depending on your situation.  But whatever it is, make that space, take it over with the things you love.  Own that space.  It will help create a sense of self and and calm.

Or at least it will give you someplace to go when the world has gone mad.




No comments:

Post a Comment