Saturday, July 27, 2013

The week off is coming to an end

I did a bit of shopping today at the local stores and found this wonderful new tea by let'sdotea called Fitness Curve Black & Green Herbal Infusion Tea.  I was hesitant, but the store had a sample you could smell... and it smelled wonderful.  I've already had three cups.  Seriously good stuff.  Supposed to be good for you as well.

So.  As I had mentioned earlier this week.  I had the week off.  And I think I worked harder this week then I have in a long time.  Wednesday I did manage to lay all 48 stepping stones in my front yard.  I took a bucket of my little ponies out and my daughter didn't touch a single one.  She did, however, grab a little garden shovel and sat digging in the dirt while I did my own digging to get the ground level.  Granted, all 48 were not put in place while she was awake.  I was surprised I did all of them in one day.  I had planned it in groups of 16 and figured that would be the rest of my week.  But once I got going I just wanted to finish.

Then there was another trip to the store to purchase perennials.  I bought quite a variety and planted them all.  Kinda silly since summer has maybe one month left.  But, if I can get them established, then next spring it will be easier to decide what to fill the rest of the area with.  I can see what actually returns in this weather, and buy a lot of them.  There is one leafy plant I hope comes back next year, because I think it would look beautiful if I lined the entire edge of the flower garden next to the house with it.   Of course, it would help a little if I hadn't thrown away the tag that says the name of the plant.  But, if it comes back, I'll be able to recognize it in the store.  If not, then no more big box store plants for me.  Local nursery grown plants will be what I look at next year.

The week has been so busy that I can't believe that it's coming to an end and tomorrow evening I have to start the usual routine of getting everything ready to go to work.  I did so much, and yet there is so much more I wanted to do!

Plus, it has been such an almost drama free week.  And the only drama was caused by work when I agreed to give a co-worker a lift to work.

Of course, since I've been gone a week, I'm sure there will be enough drama to take care of to fill up pages and pages and pages of novels....  It's just a matter of remembering it all late at night on a Saturday.

Until next week.  Enjoy your tea, in whatever setting makes you calm and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment