Saturday, July 20, 2013

My ultimate, favorite tea is almond vanilla by Old Wilmington Tea Company. I took one drink of that and fell in love.  When I'm having a bad day, or week, It is my tea of choice to get through it.  This week has been something else.

The short version is, a lot of drama about nothing.  I manage a department. The supervisor I have and his assistant are causing some drama that I could do without.  It's all because he would love to date her, and she would love for him to fall off the planet.

As is always the case, all he managed to do was make the entire workplace an awkward situation for many people, and all he can do is drone on and on and on about what she did to him.

Unneeded drama that is not helping any situation there.

Then to top it all off, somewhere my office is bugged.  Because the Boss always manages to bring subjects up right after we talk about them.  So I knew when the assistance lack of work was discussed, I would hear about it from the Boss.  And sure enough. Monday morning I got a phone call.

Now, as soon as the supervisor stuck up for the assistant, and tried to give her a second chance for her job, the Boss called me and speculated about their activities outside of work.  Because why would he be so hell bent on saving her job?

And that is a question I've asked all week since one minute she is horrible, and the very next sentence she is great.

This is a case of, now the Boss and myself are closely watching her. And time will soon tell if she is as great as the supervisor thinks, or if he needs to get himself into some intense therapy.

No great insight to be had this week. Outside of, think before you make things awkward.  Sometimes an office romance works.  But really, if you are a supervisor over someone.....  Don't do it.  Just don't even go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment