Sunday, September 4, 2016

The first day of school

So... My daughter starts Kindergarten this year.  In two days I will be taking her to her first full day of school.  She is super excited!  Has had her outfit picked out for two weeks.  (she's a little fashionista) I am getting mad butterflies just typing this up!  It's a case of, I know everything will be fine, but I can't help go over all the things that need to be done.  Lunches packed, homework, reading, hoping that everything goes well while she is there.

We aren't unfamiliar with the school, she attend preschool there last year, but it was a half a day.  Three hours.  She loved it.

The kindergarten is set up similar to preschool.  With bathrooms right in the classroom, so there aren't any lost kindergarteners roaming the halls.  Very relieved about that, but at the same time, my brain fast forwards to next year, where she will be in the 1st grade, and in a new school because they decided to build a whole new school, in a whole new location.

See, this is why I have to keep up on meditating, I have a hard time staying in the here and now... I'm always about five steps ahead of myself.

For her first lunch she has told me she wants a sandwich, Pringles, and popcorn.   😂  When I pack it tomorrow, we are sitting down and deciding Pringles OR popcorn, and carrots or cucumbers, apples or bananas or peaches, or pears........  There was a farmers market yesterday.  Fruit happens at those things.

So much preparation and then it will be routine.

And on that first day, I had a vacation day that needed to be used, so I took it off.  I didn't want to rush when I didn't know quite what to expect.  My husband thinks I'll be sitting outside the school for a bit.  I did finally make that massage appointment I've been trying to do for at least two years.  So I can't stay outside her school the ENTIRE day. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment