Saturday, October 5, 2013

Tea and snow

Friday it was chocolate mint tea day.  I'm not sure what brand it is, but it's teabags not loose leaf.  I'm going to order teavana's chocolate mint tea soon, and see how that tastes.

Friday, I stayed home from work.  My babysitter didn't want to try traveling in the weather, and I don't blame them.  So I watched as around 16 inches of snow dumped onto my yard.  I wandered outside early in the morning to shake the snow off the trees.  The sound of tree branches cracking and breaking all around the yard and in the neighbors yards is a scary sound.  Very never ending story nothingness.....

I went out with my husband after dark, when the snow was slowing down, to shake the trees again.

Today, he's been cleaning up branches all day.  This crazy snowstorm completely snapped the top of some trees around here.  But really, we have it easy.  A good chunk of this town was plunged into darkness as the tree branches downed power lines.  Now we, the collective we, as in the entire town, is going to be spending the next week or so cleaning up tree branches, and trimming what's left of the trees so they survive the rest of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment