Saturday, June 22, 2013

Today is a good day for a nice cup of Darjeeling tea.  Preferably outside, in the early morning sun.  Before it gets too hot.

Many thoughts have crossed my mind for the topic of the first entry of this blog.  Not to mention the topic of the entire blog in general.

Or even the reasoning behind it.

I have come to the conclusion that it shall be very free form. My reality one week.  The fictional stories in my head the next.

And this one entry to explain that not all is as it seems.  I'm not going to specify at the beginning of an entry if it's fact or fiction.  For one, it will let me relay the strange realities I've run across in an anonymous fashion.

So with that said.  On with the blog....


You know your duration at a job is getting long when you visit a client and the words out of their new assistance mouth is "she still works there?"
That is what happened to me last Wednesday.  I went into a store where a former co-worker was now working.  I do enjoy my job.  I get to see many businesses that I would otherwise not know about.  Or so I imagine.
But since I'm in the business of making TV commercials for local companies, one would imagine that if I weren't doing that.  I would at least see them on TV, thus learning about the business.

Honestly, probably not.  I find it more and more difficult to find time for TV. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It is just what happens when you manage to have a life.

So, I walk into this store, and that's one of the first things I hear.  Great way to send my mind into a quick spin of what I could do instead of my current job.  Longevity at a business isn't a bad thing usually.  But sometimes you feel like you are in a rut.  You are there because that's all you know. To leave would be to have to learn a whole new profession. To take a pay cut. To enter the unknown.

Most of us don't have the luxury to enter the unknown.  We have bills, a family, and the few luxuries we come to rely on.  So we carry on. Day to day, going to work, paying those bills, coming home with the thoughts of how it could be better, how the grass is greener over there.

And not really taking a good look at the grass we are standing on.

It's amazing that when you stop and look beyond the so called flaws of you life what you really have.  Around this time I got an email with my "easy yoga move of the day" It was to relax, breath deeply, and think about all the things you are grateful for.

We spend so much time looking at the flaws in our self, and our lives, that the joy that is standing right in front of us has a hard time competing.

So, yes, I still work there, and that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment